mercredi 30 mai 2012

A POEM OF THANKS


Shall I sing my gratitude to you
In a broken voice
That no longer sings true?

Shall I dance for all
You have done for me
In tired feet and worn out shoes
Around the willow tree?

Or shall I just try and write
Only a part
Of what sings and dances in my heart?

I’ll opt for this last solution.
I am no Shakespeare, no Molière
But the human dance of life in motion.

You see my friend
As I now walk free,
It’s thanks to you
That you let me see

That I am loved.
And yet my liberty
Enables me
To see the motes of love and light,
The spaces in between
The benedictions that divinely fall,
The photons of happiness,
I answer to their call.

I am free to dance,
Free to sing,
Free to love
Free to be,
Yet even with all this,
I am still only me.

But in the slow dawning
Of who I truly am
You arrive, love me
And then move on.

Leaving me to dance
The dervish whirl
Where all is one.
But this is no trance

But joy and pain
That I freely embrace,
And eyes wide open
In wonder, in gratitude.
And just in case

You want to know the secret
Well, there is none,

Just a heart full of oneness
Which beats inside
My dusty outer skin.
You helped me see
That beyond the scars of life itself
A person truly can go free.

And so I write my gratitude,
The voice can’t sing
The feet can’t dance
But my heart is now a multitude

Of eyes wide open
Of perceptions true
Of compassion
In a soul that now is new.

And so it is
Au revoir and not adieu
The road rises up to bless my feet
And I now tread with conviction
Up to meet
Whatever lies beyond the horizon
Maybe death, maybe angels,
Maybe a lover true,

And all this now, in gratitude
To you.

Pendé, le 24 mai
15h00
Heure de Jupiter

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire